ICHRE Summer Conference, 21-22 June 2017
10.00-5.00, Cruciform Building, University College London
This year’s free two-day conference is organised in association with the Friends of the Newsam Library. Themes to be addressed include the social history of universities, the history of education in China and East Asia and the contribution of the late Professor Richard Aldrich.
Please note the venues for each day of the conference:-
Day 1: Wednesday 21 June, Cruciform Building B404 – LT2
Day 2: Thursday 22 June, Cruciform Building Foyer 101 Seminar Room 1
Each day begins with tea/coffee served 10-10.30 am, and we begin at 10.30.
- Keynote address: Colin Penman – Redundant women: UCL’s place in the history of women’s higher education
- Presentation on new accessions in the IOE Archive by Jessica Womack
- Historical walking tour of the UCL campus led by Georgina Brewis
- Panel on teaching history using primary sources
- Panel on history of education in China and East Asia
- Paper sessions on the social history of universities
Click here to see timings/rooms by downloading the final programme.
Click here to read conference abstracts.